Today, I welcome historical fiction author N. Gemini Sasson , whose latest release, The King Must Die , the sequel to Isabeau , is out now. As part of the Goddessfish blog tour, she is also giving away a $25 Amazon gift voucher to one random commenter on the tour! But first, to find out more about her, I've asked her some questions. I hope you'll enjoy the excerpt below, too. Here goes... Welcome to my blog. What inspired you to write about this particular period? Jean Plaidy’s books, which I devoured during my teenage years, introduced me to the Plantagenet kings of England. She and other writers like Sir Walter Scott and Alexandre Dumas were definitely early influences, but the story that inspired me to explore the 14 th century and eventually write about it was the film Braveheart. I know, I know, there’s a lot of fiction to it, but it was a very dramatic and moving story. After seeing it, I knew I wanted to write something epic like that. I started out writing a...
January 25-29, 2013! The Romance Madness Blog Hop has arrived! Discover brilliant romance authors with a wide range of exciting releases. You'll be in for a few treats! Click on the button at the end of the post to visit other blogs (after you've read and commented here, of course!) – and increase your chances of being a winner! If you comment right here right now (well, between now and the 29th!), you might even win a PDF copy of Highland Arms ! ~~~ But first of all, let me tell you about one of my favourite romance novels: Through the Fire by the mega talented Beth Trissel ! Blurb: Will love inflame these two natural born enemies in fiery destruction? At the height of the French and Indian War, a young English widow ventures into the colonial frontier in search of a fresh start. She never expects to find it in the arms of the half-Shawnee, half-French warrior who makes her his prisoner in the raging battle to possess a continent--or to b...
It's nearly 20th October - that means Highland Arms has been on the market for three months! I know, time flies! ;-) So, in order to celebrate properly, I thought I'll give other published authors of romantic, crime and historical fiction a chance to showcase their releases, under one condition ... they have to tell us about one aspect we don't read about often enough: the location of their novels. Prepare for ' My Place' ! Location, for me, is an integral part of writing. It is the first thing I choose, and the storylines develop from there. I've been fortunate in travelling across some incredibly beautiful and haunting places. Glencoe, Loch Ness, Argentan, Mont St Michel, Welsh Borders... all areas that inspire me to set my novels there. But now I want to know about your places... So, as of Sunday 23rd October 2011 , I'll give one published author the chance to showcase your novel by telling us why you chose a particular setting. That place can be a ...
Comments
Post a Comment