I'm delighted my blog keeps readers entertained - I try to bring in a variety of authors through my My Place series, with a new author featured every Sunday. In between, I waffle on about writing, cats, and my books. Lovely to receive a sweet reward for sharing my likes...
Now, as part of this award, I have to reveal 7 random things about myself. Uh oh! ;-)
- I was raised as a single child by my single Mum who encouraged me to read a lot. We spent whole evenings just reading.
- When I was 12, I took riding lessons during school holidays, and the coach wanted me to continue training to pursue a professional path. Mum said 'no'. End of that career!
- I was an archer in a re-enactment group when I lived in South Wales for two years. Archers rock!
- My dream place to live is Vancouver, Canada, but I'd miss medieval castles, cathedrals & the lot.
- I got married on my 40th birthday, trying to hide that small, niggling fact behind all the wedding shenanigans.
- I met my wonderful American half-sister Tracy for the first time in 2010 during an emotional get together in Boise, Idaho. We had a blast! It won't be the last time.
- I've written historical stories since I was a teenager but the evidence got lost in various house moves. Recently, I discovered a typed (remember type writers?) half-completed manuscript of a Regency romance I wrote some time ago. Going to revisit that story later this year.
Now to the seven lovely blogs I nominate for the awards. These ladies are all amazing authors, and I hope you enjoy following them as much as I do...
Jacquie Rogers - Romancing the West
Karen Michelle Nutt - KMN Books
Now I'm off to have a slice of cake... cuppa tea, anyone?