Historical Research whilst Tracing your Roots


I've recently read a fabulous little guide book about how to trace your ancestors. As someone with mixed bloodlines, with my distant ancestors hailing from all over Europe and North America, I've always been intrigued. So, when editor and family researcher, Maureen Vincent-Northam, published Trace Your Roots, I had to grab a copy.

I know my German side hails from French Huguenot stock. Blue blooded French nobility. Nice! And luckily for me, I have a very inquisitive American aunt who has managed to track that side back to Sweden, Scotland, Ireland - and England, to the court of Edward I. I can't wait to see that family tree!

The little gem of a book even helped with background research for Silent Deception, my romantic gothic novella. I reveal what exactly on Maureen's fab blog, Trace Your Roots!

Come on over!


Comments

  1. I love Ancestry researchng. Just in case you didn't notice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathie :) I love this subject too - for myself I would have to research in France, Switzerland (German side), Austria and the Republic Czech, I'm exhausted already ... haha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's a great mix, BlackTulip! Wouldn't it be fab to head over on a research trip one day? :-) I visited Vienna and Prague before - both fantastic cities.

      Delete
  3. Cathie, ancestry research has been my hobby for longer than I care to admit. I've written (compiled) two books: one for my mother's family and one for my mother-in-law. Now my brother and I are almost finished gathering info for a larger book on my father's line. I've learned so much about our family and have used names and modified events in my books. Ancestry.com is a great resource, by the way, for those of us who can't travel everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fascinating, Caroline, isn't it? You must be thrilled to have uncovered so much.

      My US aunt has our family tree on Ancestry.com. I've had a peek. It's incredible.

      Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most read posts

Ascent: free on Kindle June 8th & 9th

Welcome romance author Maggi Andersen

Promo Stop: The Folly at Falconbridge Hall by Maggi Andersen