And I'm back!

Hello again, bonjour & guten Tag!

It's been a while, hasn't it? I know. Much has happened in the last 1 1/2 years. Writing, editing, teaching novel writing, moving house again, losing and gaining pets – where do I start?!

I take it you've visited my website www.cathiedunn.com? You'll have seen my latest updates. My new literary 'baby', Love Lost in Time, has a fabulous cover. Unfortunately, I've still some writing to do, but it'll be finished soon.

As I'm about to embark on new adventures – expanding my editing business and looking to offer novel writing courses online and possibly here, in Carcassonne in the (usually) sunny south of France – my aim is also to finally write the sequel to Dark Deceit. Yes, I know. It's been a loooong time coming, but my lovely readers deserve to know what happens next. And I promise it won't take me nine years to write, like Dark Deceit!
Toby, much missed
As for pets, we sadly lost gorgeous Toby Cat one afternoon in November 2016. He simply vanished. A few weeks later, we spotted a video of a lovely griffon dog lady called Ellie. She was delightful, but incredibly scared. So she came to join us. She's still scared, but far less so than in the early days.

Charlie Cat & Ellie Dog
Shadow Kitten
And last summer, we gained Charlie Young Cat (a Siamese teenage lady), and four abandoned kittens! My word, that was tough. Fortunately, we found good homes for three of them, but as nobody wanted the beautiful black kitten boy, aptly named Shadow, he's now staying with us. As if Toby had sent him our way...

Last month, we moved from our small, idyllic village to Carcassonne, the town with the impressive citadel, the one of Kate Mosse's Labyrinth fame. We've swapped a nicely-decorated house with smaller one which needs much redecorating, but now we have a lovely garden, perfect for our mini zoo, and the picturesque Canal du Midi only a few minutes' walk away. It's also not far to the town centre, and to the old part, la cité. It's perfect for people-watchers like us. We love it!

So, this is it in a nutshell. This blog will move forward, as before, with contributions from me and my author friends, but I'll also share book reviews and more of our life here in the Languedoc.

Torch walk in Carcassonne

Please stop by again, sign up to follow my posts (by clicking on the three lines at the top, you can see the sidebar), and leave a comment. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Bienvenue chez moi!

Cathie xx


SaveSave

Comments

Most read posts

Ascent: free on Kindle June 8th & 9th

Welcome romance author Maggi Andersen

Welcome romance author D'Ann Lindun