Hubby has pulled a name from a box. The lucky winner of a sneak peek copy of Highland Arms and a Scottish goodie bag is:
Many congratulations, Jen! I hope you enjoy the read!
Now to the answers to the questions:
1. Highland Arms is set on the shores of a stunning Scottish loch where Rory Cameron pursues his smuggling activities. What is the name of the loch?
Highland Arms is set on the shores of picturesque Loch Linnhe.
2. On her way north, Catriona MacKenzie travels through a Highland village. What is the English name of Baile a’ Chaolais?
The village is called Ballachulish in English - which is now on the southern side of the Loch Linnhe / Loch Leven junction. The original village used to be where North Ballachulish is now - on the northern side.
3. Auntie Meg Macdonald lost her husband at Glencoe. On which date did the fateful Glencoe Massacre occur?
The date of the infamous Glencoe Massacre where Campbell troops repaid Macdonald hospitality in gruesome fashion took place in the early hours of 13th February1692.
4. I discovered Edinburgh’s historic ‘Closes’ on a tour of the city’s underground. Complete the name of the company I took the fabulous tour with: “The Real King’s Close”
'The Real Mary King's Close' runs entertaining tours of the Edinburgh underground - explore narrow lanes and flats where folk used to live and go about their business. Learn about the plague, ghosts, gardez-loo and other curiosities. Highly recommended to any Edinburgh visitor (and nope, they don't pay me - I simply take visiting friends there. I've enjoyed three visits so far!)
5. Which famous Scottish castle is located on the shores of Nessie’s ‘home’?
One of the most photographed castle ruins in Scotland, Urquhart Castle sits nestled on the shore of Loch Ness, surrounded by dark, peaty water. Another one of my favourite places. And yes, we've been Nessie hunting out on the loch and someday - yes, someday - we'll spot her!
6. Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his banner at this place. What is the village called and when was the memorial built?
The village nearby is called Glenfinnan. The 'Glenfinnan monument' was built in 1815. Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his banner here in 1745, gathering the clans in his support. The 1745 uprising ended brutally - with the bloody slaughter that took place at Culloden field.
I hope you enjoyed searching for the answers. I had fun reading your replies.
PS - Don't forget - Highland Arms is out tomorrow!!!
Och aye... ;-)